Ballarat ANZAC Day disruptions & updates
The following road closures apply to Ballarat:
Road Closures – Sunday 24 April
In preparation of the ANZAC Day service;
- Both lanes of West bound traffic on Sturt Street from Lyons Street to Dawson Street will be closed from 1pm to 4:30pm.
Road Closures – ANZAC Day, Monday 25 April
- Sturt Street will be closed from Dawson Street to Raglan Street in both directions to all traffic from 4:30am to 3pm.
- During the closure, only local traffic will be permitted into Lyons Street from Dana or Mair Street.
Road Closures – ANZAC March, Monday 25 April
The ANZAC March will form up on Lydiard Street North from 9:30am and progress into Sturt Street to the Cenotaph at the Lyons Street intersection.
- Lydiard Street North from Mair to Sturt Street will be closed from 6:30am to 11am.
- Sturt Street and all intersecting streets will be progressively closed from Lydiard to Dawson Street from 10:15am and will re-open as soon as the March passes.
Albert Street, Sebastopol will be closed to through traffic between Walker Street and Bridge Street from 8:15am – 9:30am.
The diversion will be to use Grenville, Dana & Mair St's as required. Qualified traffic controllers will be on hand to assist with pedestrian movements in these areas.
ANZAC Day Route 605 Diversion
There will be diversions and service alterations to the 605 bus route on Anzac Day, 25 April 2016
Route 605 Gardenvale to City (Queen Street, Flinders Street)
Northbound services will divert from running along Batman Avenue, Flinders Street and Queen Street to run via Punt Road, La Trobe Street and Queen Street into Lonsdale Street, from first service till 1.30pm.
Southbound services will divert from Exhibition Street and Batman Avenue to run via Albert Road, Lansdowne Street, Wellington Parade and Brunton Avenue to return to normal route, from first service till 1.30pm.
Affected Bus Stops:
- Flinders Street: 19516 (Flinders Street Station)
- Queen Street: 20458 (Flinders Lane), 20464 (Bourke Street)
- Exhibition Street: 19538 (Little Bourke Street), 19537 (Flinders Lane)
ANZAC Day Free Travel for War Veterans, War Widows and parade participants.
Effective Sun 24 - Tues, 26 April 2016
Free travel is to be extended Veterans and War Widows from 24 – 26 April 2016, with one of the below forms of identification:
- Wear their uniform
- Wear their service medals
- Wear an ex-service association or returned from active service or war widows badge
- Present their DVA Gold or White card (see below)
- Present their Category "V" Victorian Public Transport Concession Card (see below).
Free travel is provided on:
- All services across Zones 1 - 13
- V/Line rail and coach services (Note: reservations are compulsory on all long distance services and must be made before the day of travel)
- Regional town bus
ANZAC Day (Monday 25 April 2016) parade participants free travel
Members of the following groups will be participating in ANZAC Day Parade and are entitled to free transport on all services on Monday 25 April provided they are in one of the following uniforms:
- Australian Defence Forces
- Scouts and Guides
- Parade band members
- School students
CityLink Tulla Widening Roadworks
A number of our bus services have been impacted, in particular, those accessing the Footscray Railway Station precinct and its surrounds, such as routes 406, 409, 410, 411, 412, 414 and 606 as a result of additional traffic using alternative routes as part of the CityLink Tulla Widening roadworks.
Delays of up to 40 minutes have been reported in the morning peak, particularly when incidents occur as we have seen in the last couple of weeks. We ask that you reconsider your usual travel patterns as our ability to connect you to your scheduled rail service may be affected.
Route 626 Diversion due to Mckinnon Road Closure
Effective Sunday 24 March to Wednesday 4 April 2016
Diversions will affect Route 626
The bus will travel along Union St, divert left onto Thomas St, divert right onto North Rd, divert right onto Jasper Rd, divert left onto Mckinnon Rd and then resume normal 626 route service.
The same diversion will apply for the return trip.