Route 153 & 441 detour due to Werribee Street Railway Crossing closure
Due to road works at Werribee St and Cottrell St, the railway crossing at Werribee St will be closed effective 25th June, 9:00pm to 26th June 9:00am. The following detours will be in place and will affect Route 153 & 441.
Route 153: The last bus (9:03 pm on 25th June) from Werribee to Williams Landing will be affected. The bus will travel from Werribee station to Synnott St via Cherry St skipping the Cottrell St and Synnott St (West) then going to Hoppers Crossing Station via Princess Hwy as normal and then to Williams Landing Station via Old Geelong Road. The following bus stops will therefore not be serviced on Cottrell St and Synnott St (West). (Missed Bus stop Id 40313, 50046, 20196, 5194, 5184,5209,50045,7196,22572,7183).
Route 441: The first bus (8:22 am on 26th June) from Werribee to Werribee via Westleigh Drive will be affected and the bus will have to go down Cherry St and Synnott St both ways to go to old Geelong Road skipping Cottrell St. The following bus stops on Cottrell St will therefore not be serviced. (Bus Stop Id 40313, 5209).
Ballarat Bus Network Review Consultation sessions (Tues 14 June & Wed 15 June)
Photo courtesy of The Courier
Come have your say at the Ballarat Bus Network review consultation sessions.
Tuesday 14 June 2016
Caro Convention Centre
Mt Helen Campus, Federation University
11am-1pm and 4pm-6pm
Wednesday 15 June 2016
Ballarat Mechanics’ Institute
117 Sturt St, Ballarat
11am-1pm and 6pm-8pm
There will also be an online survey on the PTV website from 14- 28 June 2016.
Check out the article in the Courier regarding the consultation sessions here:
Those unable to attend can provide feedback at the ptv.vic.gov.au/getinvolved website.
Route 605: Alexandra Avenue Bus Stop Closure
Effective Tuesday, 3rd May to Monday, 31st May 2016
Please be aware that due to road works being carried out along Alexandra Avenue, the following changes will take place and may cause disruptions along the 605 Route.
- Bus Stop ID 20715 located between Church Street and Como Park along Alexandra Avenue will not be in service until completion of road works.
- Reduced speed limits along Alexandra Avenue to 40km/h.
Please plan you trip in accordance with the above disruptions and information.
Ballarat ANZAC Day disruptions & updates
The following road closures apply to Ballarat:
Road Closures – Sunday 24 April
In preparation of the ANZAC Day service;
- Both lanes of West bound traffic on Sturt Street from Lyons Street to Dawson Street will be closed from 1pm to 4:30pm.
Road Closures – ANZAC Day, Monday 25 April
- Sturt Street will be closed from Dawson Street to Raglan Street in both directions to all traffic from 4:30am to 3pm.
- During the closure, only local traffic will be permitted into Lyons Street from Dana or Mair Street.
Road Closures – ANZAC March, Monday 25 April
The ANZAC March will form up on Lydiard Street North from 9:30am and progress into Sturt Street to the Cenotaph at the Lyons Street intersection.
- Lydiard Street North from Mair to Sturt Street will be closed from 6:30am to 11am.
- Sturt Street and all intersecting streets will be progressively closed from Lydiard to Dawson Street from 10:15am and will re-open as soon as the March passes.
Albert Street, Sebastopol will be closed to through traffic between Walker Street and Bridge Street from 8:15am – 9:30am.
The diversion will be to use Grenville, Dana & Mair St's as required. Qualified traffic controllers will be on hand to assist with pedestrian movements in these areas.
ANZAC Day Route 605 Diversion
There will be diversions and service alterations to the 605 bus route on Anzac Day, 25 April 2016
Route 605 Gardenvale to City (Queen Street, Flinders Street)
Northbound services will divert from running along Batman Avenue, Flinders Street and Queen Street to run via Punt Road, La Trobe Street and Queen Street into Lonsdale Street, from first service till 1.30pm.
Southbound services will divert from Exhibition Street and Batman Avenue to run via Albert Road, Lansdowne Street, Wellington Parade and Brunton Avenue to return to normal route, from first service till 1.30pm.
Affected Bus Stops:
- Flinders Street: 19516 (Flinders Street Station)
- Queen Street: 20458 (Flinders Lane), 20464 (Bourke Street)
- Exhibition Street: 19538 (Little Bourke Street), 19537 (Flinders Lane)
ANZAC Day Free Travel for War Veterans, War Widows and parade participants.
Effective Sun 24 - Tues, 26 April 2016
Free travel is to be extended Veterans and War Widows from 24 – 26 April 2016, with one of the below forms of identification:
- Wear their uniform
- Wear their service medals
- Wear an ex-service association or returned from active service or war widows badge
- Present their DVA Gold or White card (see below)
- Present their Category "V" Victorian Public Transport Concession Card (see below).
Free travel is provided on:
- All services across Zones 1 - 13
- V/Line rail and coach services (Note: reservations are compulsory on all long distance services and must be made before the day of travel)
- Regional town bus
ANZAC Day (Monday 25 April 2016) parade participants free travel
Members of the following groups will be participating in ANZAC Day Parade and are entitled to free transport on all services on Monday 25 April provided they are in one of the following uniforms:
- Australian Defence Forces
- Scouts and Guides
- Parade band members
- School students
CityLink Tulla Widening Roadworks
A number of our bus services have been impacted, in particular, those accessing the Footscray Railway Station precinct and its surrounds, such as routes 406, 409, 410, 411, 412, 414 and 606 as a result of additional traffic using alternative routes as part of the CityLink Tulla Widening roadworks.
Delays of up to 40 minutes have been reported in the morning peak, particularly when incidents occur as we have seen in the last couple of weeks. We ask that you reconsider your usual travel patterns as our ability to connect you to your scheduled rail service may be affected.